Friday, November 2, 2007

Dream Recall

When I woke up this morning my first thought was to recall, and then record, my dreams. I found that even though I had just woken up I couldn't remember anything. It was an eerie sensation since I knew I was dreaming but I just couldn't recall any part or detail of those dreams. I'm racking my brain even now just trying to remember any scrap and hopefully build on that but I'm still getting nothing.

I turned to Chaos Matrix to see if they were any articles discussing Dream Recall and I have found two,'Dream Recall Exercises' and 'Skullfuck: An Exercise in Dream Recall'. It looks like I will have to work at the recall stage so I can build up to becoming lucid.

Most of the exercises that I found are to be done just as I wake up or just before I got to sleep, but there are a few that I can do during the day. Namely remembering stuff backwards and trying to do it as well as I can do it forwards. Namely counting from 100 to 1 and the alphabet backwards. I'm trying to resist cheating by writing it out!

Regardless of what I do, my notebook labelled 'Dreams' is completely empty and that is a little embarrassing.

No comments: